Congratulations to our Pacific Honours recipients
06 January 2019
SouthSeas Healthcare would like to acknowledge all prominent Pacific Islanders who have been recognised in the 2019 New Year’s Honours list.
Of the one hundred and ninety six New Zealanders recognised for their achievements, services and contributions to New Zealand and our communities this year, sixteen have Pacific roots.
Minister for Pacific Peoples Aupito Su’a William Sio says Pacific women feature strongly in the 2019 New Year’s Honours list in recognition of their diverse contribution in a range of fields including literature, fashion, mental health, youth development, sports, leadership and governance.
“Our women have traditionally been the backbone of our diverse Pacific communities and the New Year’s honours list once again reflects that they continue to be the strength of Pacific society in New Zealand today.”
“I am absolutely confident that our communities in both New Zealand and the Pacific region will be very proud of the depth and breadth of contribution these Pacific recipients have made, and will continue to make to Aotearoa,” says Aupito William Sio.
SouthSeas Healthcare CEO Silao Vaisola-Sefo congratulates all recipients of appointments and awards in the New Year’s Honours list 2019.
The Pacific recipients are:
• Associate Professor Selina Tusitala Marsh, for services to poetry, literature and the Pacific community
• Mrs Vaine Arai Areora, for services to the Cook Islands community and sport
• Ms Luisa Avaiki, for services to rugby league
• Mrs Annette Cherie Fale, for services to youth and Pacific peoples
• Mr Tanu Daniel Gago, for services to art and the LGBTIQ+ community
• Dr Karlo Estelle Mila, for services to the Pacific community and poetry
• Dr Arbutus Mitikulena, for services to health and the Pacific community
• Mr Vic Henery Tamati, for services to the prevention of family violence
• Mrs Tukua Turia, for services to Cook Islands art and culture
• Ms Mele Luisa Wendt, for services to governance, the Pacific community and women
• Mrs Salamina Kaliatama Leolahi, for services to the Niuean community
• Mr Paul Hifo Ma’afu, for services to the Pacific community
• Mr Derek Teariki, for services to the Cook Islands community
• Reverend Tauinaola Tofilau, for services to the Pacific community
• Reverend Penesikoto Togiatama, for services to the Niuean community
• Lieutenant Commander Jan Joseph Tupuola Peterson, for services to the New Zealand Defence Force
The full list of New Year Honours List 2019 can be found here
South Seas Healthcare
Physical address: 14 Fair Mall, Auckland 2023
Phone: 09 273 9017
Clinic opening hours
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 1 pm
Public Holidays: CLOSED
For After Hours Weekend and Holidays:
East Tamaki Healthcare, 160 Bairds Road, Otara
Phone: 09 274 3414
and East Care Health, 260 Botany Road, Botany
Phone: 09 277 1516