Have your say
24 August 2019
Pacific communities are urged by the Ministry of Health to be part of a talanoa around Aotearoa New Zealand for a new Pacific Health Action Plan being developed as the successor to ’Ala Mo’ui: Pathways to Pacific Health and Wellbeing, and to hear from Pacific communities what is working and what the Ministry needs to do differently to improve Pacific peoples’ health and wellbeing.
The Pacific Health Action Plan will build on ’Ala Mo’ui’s work to achieve equitable health outcomes for Pacific peoples in Aotearoa New Zealand, while being more responsive to the needs of Pacific fanau and communities.
This will be achieved by improving responsiveness to Pacific communities, contributing to best practice services for Pacific peoples and their families, and working more collaboratively with other Government agencies, the wider health system and Pacific communities.
The co-designing of the new Plan in partnership with Pacific communities is crucial. To achieve this, community and sector talanoa facilitated by the Ministry’s Pacific Health team are being held around the country.
- Hamilton: Tuesday 27 August 2019, 6–8 pm, Trust Waikato (4 Little London Lane, Hamilton)
- Christchurch: Wednesday 4 September 2019, 10 am–12 noon, St Paul’s Trinity Pacific Presbyterian Church (45 Fitzgerald Avenue, Christchurch)
- Dunedin: Thursday 5 September 2019, 10 am–12 noon, University of Otago (Leith Street, Dunedin)
- Auckland: Friday 23 August 2019, 9 am– 2 pm, Holiday Inn Auckland Airport (2 Ascot Road, Mangere)
- Christchurch: Tuesday 3 September 2019, 9 am–2 pm, Crowne Plaza (764 Colombo Street, Christchurch)
- Wellington: Friday 13 September 2019, 9 am–2 pm, Walter Nash Centre Lower Hutt (22 Taine Street, Taita)
The dates for talanoa in Hawke’s Bay and Palmerston North are still being finalised and the Ministry of Health is urging the Pacific community to visit their website regularly for updates.
You can also have your say by email: email@example.com
South Seas Healthcare
Physical address: 14 Fair Mall, Auckland 2023
Phone: 09 273 9017
Clinic opening hours
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 1 pm
Public Holidays: CLOSED
For After Hours Weekend and Holidays:
East Tamaki Healthcare, 160 Bairds Road, Otara
Phone: 09 274 3414
and East Care Health, 260 Botany Road, Botany
Phone: 09 277 1516