Stay safe this holiday season
19 December 2019
We want to remind our families and communities to keep safe and be aware of available healthcare options over the summer break.
- For any health concerns, your first port of call is the Healthline on 0800 611 116. Heathline is a 24/7, free and confidential phone service staffed by registered nurses. This is a free phone service. They are able to provide advice on where you should seek treatment if you need it.
- For an emergency, dial 111 immediately.
- Make sure you have enough of your repeat medicines, check with your doctor before going on holiday.
- For any minor injuries or illnesses, a pharmacist is often a good first port of call. Some pharmacies have longer opening hours over the holiday period.
- Check that you have a first aid kit readily available.
- On sunny days be sun smart, and don’t forget to slip, slop, slap and wrap.
- Keep safe around water, wear life jackets when boating and supervise children at the beach or swimming pool.
- Be safe on the roads, watch your speed, be courteous to other drivers and drive responsibly. Drink sensibly, have a sober driver and know your limits.
The festive season is an extremely busy time for emergency services. In a life-threatening emergency call 111.
Visitors to South Auckland who need to see a doctor can visit us or call to make an appointment on 09 273 9017. Check our website for our opening hours for Christmas and New Year’s or call into a community pharmacy near you for health advice.
Stay safe and have a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas with your families and loved ones.
South Seas Healthcare
Physical address: 14 Fair Mall, Auckland 2023
Phone: 09 273 9017
Clinic opening hours
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 6pm
Saturday: 8 am – 1 pm
Public Holidays: CLOSED
For After Hours Weekend and Holidays:
East Tamaki Healthcare, 160 Bairds Road, Otara
Phone: 09 274 3414
and East Care Health, 260 Botany Road, Botany
Phone: 09 277 1516