Ola Monu'ia / Gambling
The Ola Monu'ia / Gambling Service aims to empower positive change within family and community, by addressing social influences that cause addictive behaviours such as gambling misuse amongst our Pasifika communities.
Public Health workers deliver a five week community programme. We are determined and passionate to raise awareness about gambling harm and reduce the negative effects and concerns it brings to our families. The service is provided by South Seas and Raukura Hauora o Tainui.
We also provide support in the following areas:
- Cultural support
- Self-care, housing, budgeting
- Education, employment
- Dealing with both government and non-government agencies e.g. IRD, Police, HNZ, WINZ
What can we do for you?
- We will start by listening and talking to you
- We can visit you in your home, or wherever you may feel most comfortable
- We can access information, support groups or courses to meet your specific needs
- With our support and guidance, you decide what changes you would like to make
- Together we will work on small achievable goals
- We encourage feedback so that we can continually improve our service delivery
Criteria / Cost
This FREE service is open to anyone aged 17 years and over in the Auckland region, whose lifestyle has been disrupted as a result of their own or someone else’s gambling.
How to access
You can access the Ola Monu'ia / Gambling Service by contacting us yourself, or by referral from community or and agency.
Phone 09 273 9017
South Seas Healthcare
Physical address: 14 Fair Mall, Auckland 2023
Phone: 09 273 9017
Clinic opening hours
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 1 pm
Public Holidays: CLOSED
For After Hours Weekend and Holidays:
East Tamaki Healthcare, 160 Bairds Road, Otara
Phone: 09 274 3414
and East Care Health, 260 Botany Road, Botany
Phone: 09 277 1516